Welcome, and thanks for using AVIANTURE services and app! By using or accessing our products and services, you're agreeing to our terms, so please take a few minutes to read over the User Agreement below.
Note: You are entering into a legally binding agreement.
Last revised on November 1st, 2017
We are a social network and online platform for professionals.
Our mission is to connect aviation professionals and aviation enthusiasts worldwide, keeping them in touch with the industry’s latest news and offering opportunities to network, look for opportunities and create ones, socializing with like-minded people from the same industry and sharing experiences to better the aviation industry.
When you use our Services, you are entering into a legal agreement and you agree to all of these terms.
You agree that by clicking “Join AVIANTURE”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (including AVIANTURE, our related mobile apps, developer platforms, premium services, or any content or information provided as part of these services, collectively, “Services”), you are entering into a legally binding agreement (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company).
Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”. This Agreement applies to both.
Here are some promises you make to us in this Agreement:
You're eligible to enter into this Agreement and you are at least our “Minimum Age.”
To use the Services, you agree that:
- You must be the “Minimum Age” or older;
- You will only have one AVIANTURE account, which must be in your real name;
- You are not already restricted by AVIANTURE from using the Services.
“Minimum Age” means (a) 18 years old for the People's Republic of China, (b) 16 years old for the Netherlands, (c) 14 years old for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea, and (d) 13 years old for all other countries. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for AVIANTURE to lawfully provide the Services to you (including the collection, storage and use of your information) then the Minimum Age is such older age. The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 13.
You will not share your password.
You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
As between you and others, your account belongs to you. You agree to:
- Try to choose a strong and secure password;
- Keep your password secure and confidential;
- Not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections, groups)
- Follow the law and the Terms below.
You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
If you make a payment on AVIANTURE you will honour your payment obligations and you agree that we store your payment information. Also, there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices.
We don't guarantee refunds.
If you purchase any of our paid Services, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes. Failure to pay these fees may result in the termination of your subscription. Also:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees.
- You authorise us to store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your service (e.g. subscriptions) and to facilitate easy payment for new services.
- You must pay us for applicable fees unless you cancel the Premium Service, in which case you agree to still pay these fees through the end of the applicable subscription period.
Notices and Service Messages
You are okay with us using our website, mobile app, and email to provide you with important notices. Also, you agree certain additional information can be shared with us.
Messages and Sharing
When you share information, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, slide deck, links to news articles, job postings, Messages, discussions and blogs. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other members or, if public, by visitors. Where we have made settings available, we will privilege the choices you make about who can see content or information.
Note that other activities, such as applying for a job or sending a Message, are by default private, only visible to the addressee(s).
We are not obliged to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
Rights and Limits
Your License to Us
You own all of the content, personal information, and feedback you share with us and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it.
We will honour the choices you make about who gets to see your information and content.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your AVIANTURE profile will be truthful.
As between you and AVIANTURE, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services and you are only granting AVIANTURE the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sub licensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- For specific content you can end this license by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied or stored it and for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems. (but will not be available to others)
- We will not give your content or information to advertisers for the products and services of others to others without your separate consent. However, we have the right, without compensation to you or others, to serve ads near your content and information, and your comments on sponsored content may be visible.
- We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your posts beyond the Service. However, other Members and/or Visitors may access and share your content and information, consistent with your settings and degree of connection with them.
- While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content, we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to AVIANTURE, you agree that AVIANTURE can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information if that does not violate the law nor anyone's rights. You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. AVIANTURE may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
We may modify or discontinue any of our Services. We can't promise to store or keep showing any information and content you've posted.
We may change, suspend or terminate any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
AVIANTURE is not a storage service. You agree that we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content or information that you or others provide, except to the extent required by applicable law.
When you see or use others' content and information posted on our Services, it's at your own risk.
Third parties may offer their own products and services through AVIANTURE, and we aren't responsible for those third-party activities.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. AVIANTURE generally does not review content provided by our Members. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties' (including other Members') content or information or for any damages as result of your use of or reliance on it.
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third party apps or sites that link from our Services. If you allow a third party app or site to authenticate you or connect with your AVIANTURE account, that app or site can access information on AVIANTURE related to you and your connections. Third party apps and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information in ways we would not. Except to the limited extent it may be required by applicable law, AVIANTURE is not responsible for these other sites and apps -- use these at your own risk.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services.
We're providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
AVIANTURE reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. AVIANTURE reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if AVIANTURE believes that you may be in breach of this Agreement or law or are misusing the Services.
AVIANTURE reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services.
Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW, AVIANTURE AND THOSE THAT AVIANTURE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES, DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT); WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT IT WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, DELAYS OR ERRORS, AND WE PROVIDE THE SERVICE (THAT INCLUDES INFORMATION AND CONTENT) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
SOME LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE EXTEND ALLOWED UNDER LAW, (AND UNLESS AVIANTURE HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT REPLACES THIS AGREEMENT, AVIANTURE AND THOSE THAT AVIANTURE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES, SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AVIANTURE AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF AVIANTURE HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We can each end this Agreement anytime we want.
AVIANTURE or You may terminate this Agreement at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to use or access the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to disclose and use your feedback;
- Members' and/or Visitors' rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in Lebanese courts, applying Lebanese law.
You agree that the laws of Lebanon, excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Agreement and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in the courts of Beirut, Lebanon, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
If a court with authority over this Agreement finds any part of it not enforceable, you and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its purpose. If the court cannot do that, you and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Agreement. To the extent allowed by law, the English version of this Agreement is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Agreement (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Agreement, that does not mean that AVIANTURE has waived its right to enforce this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that AVIANTURE may assign this Agreement to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement and will provide you notice if we do and we agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you don't agree to these changes, you must stop using the Services.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided at the end of this Agreement.
You agree that:
- You will act in accordance with all applicable laws;
- You will provide us with accurate information and keep it updated;
- You will use your real name on your profile;
- You will use the Services in a professional manner.
- You will not act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- You will not provide us with content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field.
- You will not use an image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo for your profile;
- You will not create a false identity on AVIANTURE;
- You will not misrepresent your current or previous positions and qualifications;
- You will not misrepresent your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- You will not misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym;
- You will not Create a account for anyone other than yourself;
- Invite people you do not know to join your network;
- You will not use or attempt to use someone else’s account;
- You will not bully, harass, intimidate, abuse or harm another person;
- You will not send spam or other unwelcome communications to others;
- You will not collect user’s content or information through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- You will not act in an unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
- You will not disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose;
- You will not violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- You will not violate the intellectual property or other rights of AVIANTURE, including, without limitation, using the word “AVIANTURE” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines;
- You will not post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation unauthorised by AVIANTURE;
- You will not send messages to newsgroup aliases, or group aliases;
- You will not post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- You will not create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution;
- You will not manipulate identifiers in order to conceal the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Services;
- You will not collect or use the content, information or data of others available on the Services (except as expressly authorised by AVIANTURE);
- You will not create or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice;
- You will not collect or use the content, information or data on AVIANTURE in connection with a competitive service (as determined by AVIANTURE);
- You will not Collect, modify or create derivative works of AVIANTURE, the Services or any related technology (except as expressly authorised by AVIANTURE);
- You will not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology, or any part thereof;
- You will not imply or state that you are endorsed by or affiliated with AVIANTURE without our express consent;
- You will not lease, rent, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related any information or data;
- You will not sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetise an AVIANTURE Group or any other feature of the Services, without AVIANTURE's consent;
- You will not deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on AVIANTURE without our permission;
- You will not remove any trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
- You will not collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from AVIANTURE without the consent of AVIANTURE;
- You will not share or disclose information from users without their written permission;
- You will not remove, cover or obscure any advertisement included on the Services;
- You will not use automated or manual software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Services or any related data or information;
- You will not use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- You will not monitor the Services' availability, functionality or performance for any competitive purpose;
- You will not engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the look or function of the Services;
- You will not access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by AVIANTURE, such as its mobile application and website;
- You will not ignore any security feature of the Services; and/or
- You will not interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services.
Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. For complaints concerning content posted by our Members write to email@example.com
How To Contact Us
If you want to send us notices or service of process, please contact us:
ONLINE at: www.avianture.com/contact-us
OR BY MAIL at:
AVIANTURE S.A.L Offshore
Attn: Agreement Matters (Legal)
Jdeidet el Metn,
P.O. Box 2088-116
Justice Palace, Beirut